Kai in numbers
"...At thirty, I stood firm..." - Confucius
I speak English, Cantonese and Mandrin.
Ich spreche Deutsch, aber leider nicht gut...
Studing engineering, design and anthroplogy
enriches my background.
Dalian, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Ann Arbor,
are the cities I spent a great time.
The days I worked as a professional designer
since graduated from HK PolyU in 2009.
It's about from San Francisco to Hong Kong,
my cumulative running distance since 2012.
2016.5 - 2016.8
- Conducted contextual inquiry to develop deep empathy for the stakeholders and synthesized the research findings to insights and design criterias.
- Improved the functionality and usability provided in the interaction between the users and the product.
2009.9 - 2014.5
(Assistant) Product Design Manager
- Took in charge of mobile app development projects in the interactive retail domain.
- Commercialized new pieces of technologies (augmented reality, motion tracking, etc.) into final products.
- Main clients: Disney, CNN, Hong Kong Ocean Park, Hallmark, HSBC, etc.
“ Kai has a wonderful work ethic. His most obvious strengths are in motivating a team. He holds others to the high standards he sets for himself. He has a pragmatic and grounded approach to problem-solving and has demonstrated commitment to learning by taking appropriate action in relation to feedback and criticism. ”
- John Marshall, Associate Professor, Program Director MDes Integrative Design at Stamps School of Art & Design, University of Michigan
“ Kai Yu is a stand out designer. I first met Kai as a participant in our Innovation in Action, where he and his team, Confluent Care, placed second. I had the pleasure of continuing my work with Kai, this summer when he served as an intern in the SPH Innovation Studio. Kai is a talented designer with a deep passion for user research and a delightful aesthetic.”
- Ann Verhey-Henke, Managing Director, Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship at University of Michigan School of Public Health
“ Kai has been a key member in my Innovation and Design team, he is very responsible and quick to action! ”
- Andrew Pang, Founder, CEO Leovation Limited